NETC Advisory Committee Meeting
Date & Time: Tuesday, June 28, 2016, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
Conference Call: Dial-in 1-866-906-7447, Participant Code: 8626283
Agenda and Documents
Below are links to documents that will be discussed during the meeting. (starred* documents require Advisory Committee approval)
1. Call to Order/Roll Call
2. Open Projects
- 06-4 Preventive Maintenance and Timing of Applications, PI Mogawer: Ending 9/15/16 – Draft Report is being developed by PI for review by Technical Committee
- 07-1 In-Place Response Mechanisms of Recycled Layers Due to Temperature and Moisture Variations, PI Daniel: Ending 6/30/2016 – No update since NCE approved
- 09-2 Effective Establishment of Native Grasses on Roadsides, PI Kuzovkina: Project has ended and is completed, a reminder regarding the Final Report was sent to the PI.
- 09-3 Advanced Composite Materials in New England’s Transportation Infrastructure, PI Lopez-Anido: Project has ended and is complete, a reminder regarding a Final Report was sent to the PI.
- 10-3 Low Temperature and Moisture Susceptibility of RAP Mixtures with Warm Mix Technology, PI Mogawer: NCE Request recently approved by Technical Committee.
- 13-1 Development of High Early-Strength Concrete for Accelerated Bridge Construction Closure Pour Connections, PI Brena: NCE request to 1/14/17 is being reviewed by Technical Committee.
- 13-2 HMA Mixtures Containing Recycled Asphalt Singles (RAS): Low Temperature Fatigue Performance of Plant-Produced Mixtures, PI Mogawer: NCE approved to 12/1/2017, contract extension in process.
- 13-3 Improved Regionalization of Quality Assurance (QA) Functions, PI Dave: NCE approved to 9/30/2016, contract extension in process.
- 14-1 Measuring the Effectiveness of Competency Models for Job Specific Professional Development of Engineers & Engineering Technicians, PI Ahmadjian: NCE approved to 12/31/2016, contract extension in process.
- 14-2 Investigation of Northern Long-Eared Bat Roosting Sites on Bridges, PI Civjan: Summer bridge roosting monitoring is underway, as is the Inspection Reporting.
- 14-4 Optimizing Future Work Zones in New England for Safety and Mobility, PI Xie: Task I report accepted by Technical Committee, Task II underway.
- 15-1 Use of Forested Habitat Adjacent to Highways by Northern Long Ear Bats: RFP reissued, pending TC review of received proposals for research team selection
- 15-2 Using the New SHRP2 Naturalistic Driving Study Safety Databases to Examine Safety Concerns for Older Drivers: RFP issued, pending receipt of proposals
- 15-3 Moisture Susceptibility Testing for Hot Mix Asphalt Pavements in New England: Initial contract documents drafted, pending AC approval of NETC Master Agreement modification
- 15-4 Optimizing Quality Assurance (QA) Processes for Asphalt Pavement Construction: Scope of work development delayed until NETC Program is revised and relaunched.
3. Open Ballots:
|NETC Coordinator Contract Modification||X|
|10-3 No Cost Extension|
4. Other Business
- NETC 06-4, 10-3, 13-2: UMass has requested a budget change for all projects due to a recently renegotiated Federal Rate Contract
- F & A $1031.14
- Supplies -$1031.14
- F & A $431.14
- Supplies -$431.14
- F & A $788.94
- Supplies -$788.94
- NETC Advisory Meeting, July 6, 2016
- Venue – Teleconference – GoTo Meeting
- Agenda Items
- NETC Program Review and Revision
- Continue discussion of the 6 Questions developed in April
- Next steps for NETC Coordinator in regards to Tech Transfer
- NETC Program Goals for 2017
- Networks/Focus Groups to establish/partner with
- Implementation Project Selection
- Role of the Coordinator in 2017
- NETC Program Review and Revision
Next Meeting – August 23, 2016, 11 AM – 12 PM