PROJECT NUMBER: 13-3
PROJECT TITLE: Improved Regionalization of Quality Assurance (QA) Functions
PRINCIPAL INVESTIGATOR(S) & UNIVERSITY(S): Eshan V. Dave, University of New Hampshire
AGREEMENT TERM: 3/27/2015 – 3/31/2016
ANTICIPATED COMPLETION: 3/31/2016
- Review of current QA process used by New England DOTs for precast and prestressed concrete elements (PCE/PSE).
- Review of QA specifications for PCE/PSE.
- On the basis of the review and through working with the technical review committee of the project, develop common acceptance standards for PCE/PSE to be used by NETC constituents.
- Develop a cost-sharing mechanism to accompany the common acceptance standards.
- Identify agencies and contractors to conduct pilot implementation of the common acceptance standards.
- Develop a list of additional materials and services for which common acceptance standards might be beneficial and feasible.
PROGRESS/ACCOMPLISHMENTS THROUGH MARCH 31, 2015:
- The final contract execution for this research study occurred just before the end of the quarter, thus it was not possible to make significant progress on this research study. However, during this past quarter the researchers collected the information on the QA process of PCE/PSE form all constituent states. The information is currently being processed to develop the state of the practice review.
REPORTS/PAPERS PUBLISHED, PRESENTATIONS MADE RELATING TO THIS PROJECT FROM THE START OF THE PROJECT THROUGH MARCH 31, 2015: None thus far.
QUARTERLY PROGRESS REPORTS:
- 2017 Quarter 1 Report (Jan. 1 – March 31)
- 2016 Quarter 4 Report (Oct. 1 – Dec. 31)
- 2016 Quarter 3 Report (July 1 – Sept. 30)
- 2016 Quarter 2 Report (April 1 – June 30)
- 2016 Quarter 1 Report (Jan. 1 – March 31)
- 2015 Quarter 4 Report (Oct. 1 – Dec. 31)
- 2015 Quarter 3 Report (July 1 – Sept. 30)
- 2015 Quarter 2 Report (April 1 – June 30)
- 2015 Quarter 1 Report (Jan. 1 – March 31)
TECHNICAL COMMITTEE MEMBERS:
Chairperson Jan Bak: Rhode Island Department of Transportation
Denis M. Boisvert: New Hampshire Department of Transportation
Kevin R. Cummings: Maine Department of Transportation
John Grieco: Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Robert Lauzon: Connecticut Department of Transportation
Richard Mulcahy: Massachusetts Department of Transportation
Tim Willsmer: Massachusetts Department of Transportation